Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Items Not Owned by the Galvin Library
If the item you need is not in the Galvin Library's collection, you can request it from another library.
You can search the Galvin Library's main catalog to find items from other university libraries in Illinois. You can also search for items from libraries around the world using WorldCat and create a request using MyILL.
Books from Other Illinois Libraries - I-SHARE
The Galvin Library participates in a statewide consortium of university libraries which share materials called I-SHARE.
- You can search for items owned by I-SHARE libraries using the library's main catalog search; select "All I-SHARE Libraries" as the search scope to view I-SHARE results.
- When you find the item you need, click on I-Share within the How to Get It section.
- A pre-filled form will appear. Click Send Request to create a request for the item.
- I-SHARE items typically take between three days and a week to arrive. You will be notified by email when your item is ready for pickup.
Visit the I-SHARE page in this guide for more information regarding policies and loan periods for I-SHARE items.
Books from Around the World - Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
If you can't find the item you're looking for in the Galvin Library catalog or through I-SHARE, you can search for it using the WorldCat catalog. Requests placed using WorldCat are fulfilled by the library's Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service.
- When you have found a book in WorldCat, click the "Request this item" link.
- You will be prompted to log in to your MyILL account.
- The item information will automatically be filled into the request form. Verify that the information is correct, then click Submit Request.
- You will be notified via email when your item is ready for pickup.
Delivery times for items requested through ILL vary widely, depending on the lending library's policies, location, and shipping method. Items may take between a few days to a few weeks to arrive.
Visit the Interlibrary Loan page in this guide for more information regarding ILL policies, loan periods, and renewals.