Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Illinois Tech Library Guides
Continuation of Services
The Galvin Library will be open with reduced hours in order to provide responsible continuation of services to students, faculty, and staff during the COVID-19 virus.
While we understand that this is a disruption, we feel that it will better enable us to meet the ongoing needs of our community at this time while taking measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
During this time staff will be available for services. We have created this guide to help the Illinois Tech community access our resources and services during this time.
Services that remain available include:
- Checkout of physical library materials in the Circulating collection.
- Ability to request items from other libraries through I-SHARE and Interlibrary Loan
- Access to scanned portions of course reserves via digitization request in the library's catalog
- All electronic resources and library catalog should remain fully accessible via login.
- Interlibrary loan article request and fulfillment
- Reference and research assistance by librarians via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual Library instruction, when appropriate
The following library services will not be available during this time:
- In-person Library Instruction
- Access to physical Course Reserves material
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or need extensions on materials you have checked out that are due back during the closure. We will extend loan periods and waive any fines associated with the closure.
Databases and Electronic Resources
Databases and other electronic resources can be accessed online. You must go through the library's website in order to authenticate and access these resources. In order to see the full list of databases, you must first go to the "Find Articles & More" tab and select "View all Databases" under the "Databases" heading.
Librarians are available to assist with research via email. For research help or other questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your question will be submitted and answered within a business day.
The best way to contact us is via email at email@example.com.
Search our FAQ for answers to popular questions.