Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Laptop Rules of Use
||1 Renewal (Additional 4 Hours)
|Replacement Fee if Damaged/Lost:
|Checkout Limit Per User:
- Laptops are for use by IIT Students, Faculty, and Staff.
- Laptops are provided and maintained by the Office of Technology Services (OTS). A variety of software is available on the laptops. Having problems with your device? Call, email, or stop by the OTS Support Desk.
- Please do not return laptops via the book drop; hand it directly to a library staff member.
- Laptops must be returned no later than 30 minutes before the library closes.
- Please do not install programs or save data to the hard drive. Data saved to the hard drive will be lost when the laptop shuts down.
- Laptops cannot be requested or reserved.
- Please adhere to the respective policies of OTS and the Galvin Library.
Tips for Using Laptops
- Laptops can only be used on the IIT Campus.
- To sign into a laptop, first sign into the "IIT Secure" WiFi using your IIT username and password. NOTE: When typing your login information, type your whole email address as your username.
- After connecting to the WiFi, log into Windows with your IIT username and password. (This time, don't include the "@iit.edu" in your username)
- Windows may need to establish a desktop for you; it should take only a few minutes.
- Laptops have a variety of software installed. Find the current list of software on the OTS website.