Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Borrowing Library Equipment
Galvin Library offers a variety of equipment that is available for checkout by IIT students, staff, and faculty.
Equipment is loaned on a first-come, first-served basis; requests or holds on equipment are not permitted.
To borrow library equipment, IIT patrons must review and agree to the Rules of Use. Each category of library equipment has its own Rules of Use which you can find in this guide.
To Check Out an Item:
- Go to the Circulation Desk on the Lower Level of the library. Remember to bring your Hawk ID!
- If this is your first time checking out library equipment, you must sign to the library's Equipment Borrowing Agreement. Just like when you check out books, you are responsible for any equipment you borrow from the library. Completed Agreement forms are kept on file at the library, and must only be filled out once.
- Review the Rules of Use for the equipment that you would like to borrow. Copies of the rules are available at the Circulation Desk.
- Present your valid Hawk ID to the library worker. They will help you complete the checkout process.
- When you are finished with your equipment, return it directly to the library's Circulation Desk before the due date/time.